|On the behalf of our client, we are looking for a Data Engineer for a position in Toronto, ON
Salary: commensurate to your experience
- Build, develop and maintain batch and real-time data pipelines to power our client's analytical reports and dashboards
- Previous work experience building out data pipeline capable of handling terabytes of data and more than a million events a minute.
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects
- Experience in at least one programming language like Scala, Java or Python
- Experienced in Apache Spark, or other big data processing frameworks
- Vast experience in SQL Server
- Proficient in software development, and source code management
- Masters or Bachelors in computer science or engineering
- 5+ years work experience in data engineering, software engineering and/or data analysis
- Experience building real-time and batch data pipelines
- Prior success in working with extremely large datasets using big data technologies
- Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand product requirements
- Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with data streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.
About Sirius Staffing Solutions:
At Sirius Staffing Solutions, we help talented people find rewarding temporary and full-time jobs with top employers Canada-wide Please visit us at www.sirius-staffing.com to get more information!