|We have a Mining Industry client in Souther Ontario who is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Supervisor. Relocation assistance is provided.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Avalon policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected.
- Coordinate with VP, Operations and General Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process; supporting and providing relief for the environmental department.
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental group and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety;
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co-chair and lead the Safety Committee for the Operation.
- Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role
- Minimum of five years total mining experience would be an asset
- Supervisory experience is a must
- Experience with surface drill operations and be familiar with exploration camp facilities
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential. Excellent written and verbal skills
- Work rotational shifts during exploration and operational season
- Mine rescue experience is a bonus
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.
About Sirius Staffing Solutions, Inc.:
At Sirius Staffing Solutions, we help talented people find rewarding temporary and full-time jobs with top employers Canada-wide Please visit us at http://www.sirius-staffing.com to get more information.